Garrett "Gary" Nemec
836 Austin Street, Suite 208
Hempstead, TX 77445
The Waller County Veterans Service Officer is responsible for assisting veterans and/or their dependents and survivors in obtaining entitled benefits from the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs and the State of Texas. The Veterans Service Officer is dedicated to helping veterans, dependents of veterans, and their survivors deal with the often confusing and overwhelming task of completing the necessary forms and applications required in order to support a claim for benefits.
These federal benefit programs that veterans, dependents of veterans and their survivors may be entitled to include, but are not limited to:
State benefits that veterans may be entitled to are:
The Veterans Service Officer's work is performed with considerable independent judgment and is evaluated for effective and efficient operation of services provided to the public
The Veteran's Service Officer duties include, but are not limited to:
1. Advising veterans, veterans' survivors and their dependents of their rights under Military Service Benefits Acts and other relevant legislation.
2. Interviews veterans and their dependents to obtain a comprehensive case history for determination of eligibility for aid and benefits.
3. Assist veterans and dependents both in and out of the veterans office setting, as well as in the office of other public agencies in preparation and follow-up of applications for state and federal benefits, including home loans.
4. Reviews and files claims for veterans benefits.
5. Speaks at veterans organizations, as requested.
6. Provides assistance of information and concerns related to veterans to policy-making officials. Recommends and implements policies.
Commissioner Pct 1
John A. Amsler
Commissioner Pct 2
Commissioner Pct 3
Commissioner Pct 4
Constable, Pct. 1
Constable, Pct 2
Constable, Pct 3
Constable, Pct 4
Copyright © Waller County Texas 2017. All rights reserved.
powered by ezTaskTitanium TM